Babar Azam is one of the greatest players in the cricketing world and his records list is growing rapidly. Years after years, he has made countless records for Pakistan. With his batting and ability, Pakistan has won many games. He is the captain of all three formats and has been one of the most prolific players for Pakistan since his debut. He has led the Pakistani batting attack and has tried his best to anchor the innings as well as allow Pakistan to score big runs. Thus, this has led him to the top of batting records in cricket. But how many records does Babar Azam have in world cricket? This article will guide you through all the new records of Babar Azam!
Most 50+ Score as a Captain in Calendar Year
In 2022, Babar broke the record for most 50 Plus Score as a captain in Calendar Year. This was the addition of another record in his captaincy profile. Previously, this record was held by Ricky Ponting who scored 25 fifties in 2005 calendar year. Here is the list of Most 50+ Score as a captain in Calendar Year.
|Captain||50 + Scores||Year|
Most Consecutive Matches as the Captain of a Team in T20I
We know that Babar Azam is a consistent player and has always been available for the team. Call it luck, but he has never been injured for a longer period and has been lucky in this regard. Reaching the twilight of his career, he has years of cricket ahead of him, and any injury can hinder his growth and, more importantly, Pakistan’s chances of winning something big
- He has played the most number of matches as a team captain and has a total of 48 matches to his name.
- The time span is from 11th Feb 2021 to Oct 2022.
This is his format, this is his game, and we are worthy spectators to see him bat in the t20s. We all know how he has dominated the t20s and has been one of the most prolific players in the t20s since his debut. He has been the no.1 ranked ICC player for over two years and is still in the top 3 of the ICC rankings.
Read more: Babar Adam captaincy records in t20I
Babar Azam is the Fastest to Score 3000 Runs in T20I
- Babar Azam is the joint fastest to reach 3000 t20 runsIt took him just 81 innings to get to this landmark.
- He is tied at the top with the great Virat Kohli, who also achieved this feat in 81 games.
- He achieved this milestone in fewer innings than some cricketing greats such as Guptill, Finch, and Sharma.
Babar has the Most Fifties in Consecutive Innings
Another record that speaks for itself, Babar has been a great batter in not one or two but all three formats of the game. Whether it’s the fast scoring format of t20s or the calm and composed slowest format of the game, one thing is certain, Babar is scoring lots and lots of runs.
- Babar Azam has set the record for the most consecutive number of fifties in international cricket.
- He once scored nine consecutive fifties. Seven of them came vs. Australia, while two came against the West Indies.
- He converted four of these fifties into hundreds, including that famous 196, his current highest score on tests.
- With this record, he overtook some of the world’s greatest batsmen, such as Miandad, who has the record of 8 fifties to his name.
Babar Azam Scored Most Hundreds in a Series
Another of Babar Azam’s records includes the most number of hundreds in a series.
- In the ongoing Men’s cricket world cup super league, he has scored a total of six hundred in 18 innings.
- He has done this at an average of 81 and an SR of almost 98.
- Babar has scored 1305 runs in this spam with the highest score of 158.
- Once again, he stands ahead of the likes of cricket greats such as Sangakkara and Sharma.
Babar Azam Holds the Record for Most Runs in a Series
Other Records of Babar Azam’s name include:
- He scored the most runs in a series, both as a player and as a captain.
- He has done this in the ongoing Cricket World Cup super league, where he has scored an enormous 1305 runs for his country.
- Babar also has the record for most runs as captain as he captains the Pakistani side.
Babar Azam Records List in T20 Internationals
We have discussed how Babar has several records to his name in various forms of cricket. There are a lot of these records that have come in the specific version of the game. Let’s look at some of them
- He is the fastest player to 2000, 2500, and 3000 runs in T20 internationals.
- He has the fourth most runs in t20Is that is 3231.
- He scored the second most number of runs in a calendar year when he scored 939 runs in 2021.
- He has the 3rd most fifties in T20Is. He has scored a whopping 31 fifties in this format of the game.
- • The cricketing genius has hit the 2nd highest number of fours for any batsman in t20Is. He has hit 342 4s in the t20s.
Babar Azam Records List in Test Matches
Compared to other batsmen, Babar had a slow start in the test and took his time to gather momentum in this format. Initially, he was not among the run-getters; the ability of his playing style also raised several questions. But recently, Babar has found his form in the test and has made a number of records along the way.
- • He has the 2nd most number of runs in a series as captain. He has scored 953 runs in the 2021-2023 Test championship thus far.
- This is also the fourth most number of runs in a series by any batsman.
Babar Azam Records List in ODI Matches
- Azam has the second-most hundreds in consecutive innings. He has achieved this feat twice. He has scored three hundreds consecutively on two occasions.
- Babar has the 3rd most fifties in consecutive innings, once scored six consecutive fifties.
- Babar was the 3rd fastest to 1000 ODI runs, the 2nd fastest to 2000, the 3rd fastest to 3000, and the 2nd fastest to 4000 ODI runs.
- Babar Azam dethroned Virat Kohli in ODI and became the number-one batter in ICC ODI Ranking.