Babar Azam is one of the greatest players in the cricketing world. A modern-day great, he has revolutionized the game with his batting prowess. His hunger to score runs has led him to the top of batting charts all around the world. Worshipped by many, over the years, he has established himself as one of the most incredible batters of this generation. Babar is a rising star of Pakistan cricket. His exceptional timing, composure, foot movement, and reaction time are ideal role models for any young batter seeking cricketing expertise. But what information do you guys have about Babar Azam fifties?
He has been one of the most prolific players in his country. Babar Azam has scored an enormous number of centuries and 50s throughout his career. This article will give you all the information about every Babar Azam fifty. So let’s move on!
Babar Azam Fifties in All Formats
|Format||No of the Fifties||Fastest Fifty|
|Overall Fifties||73||28 Balls|
|Test Fifties||22||58 Balls|
|ODI Fifties||28||49 Balls|
|T20I Fifties||30||28 Balls|
Read more: Babar Azam Captaincy Records in All Formats
Babar Azam Fifties in ODIs
The world’s number-one ODI batsman has been at the top of his game in this format. He has been in sublime form since his debut and was able to dethrone Kohli from the no.1 spot in the process. He has scored several big runs throughout his career and has been at the helm of significant partnerships for Pakistan.
• He has played 92 ODIs for his country, scoring 22 fifties, including four fifties in Pakistan, 11 away, and seven at neutral venues.
• With an average of 47, Babar scores them at an impressive strike rate of almost 90.
• His innings are full of boundaries, hitting 424 fours and 46 sixes.
• He has scored these 50’s in only ninety innings.
Babar Azam Fifties in T20I
One can say that this is the format in which Babar has had the most success. Although often criticized for playing with a slow strike rate, he has been at the top of the t20 batting ranking for almost three years. Only a recent slump in form has led to him moving down in the ranking only to the number three spot. He consolidated the top spot in the Pakistani batting order along with Rizwan. But how many Babar Azam fifties has this format witnessed? Let’s find out:
• He scored 30 fifties in T20s, including nine fifties in Pakistan, 11 away and nine 50’s at a neutral venue.
• He achieved this feat in only 94 innings, playing 99 matches.
• He has an average of 41 and a strike rate of 128 in this format
• Babar has hit 355 fours and 50 sixes during his career in t20 Internationals.
• He also has two hundred to his name in this game version.
Babar Azam Fifties in Tests
Babar had a slow start in the longest format of the game. Although he struggled initially, he soon overcame those to become a prolific run-getter in this format as well. Since then, he has been on a solid run and continues his surge up the Test rankings. One can say few have a better technique than him in this format of cricket, and this thing shows in his Test record.
• He has scored 23 test fifties in 45 games ( 4 in Pakistan, 15 at home of opponent and four 50’s at neutral Venue) at an average of 48.
• With a high score of 196, he had a total of 3122 runs in tests.
• 1050 of these runs have come while scoring fifties.
Babar Azam Fifties in PSL
PSL has been a happy hunting ground for Babar Azam. Playing for Karachi Kings since the event’s second season, he has scored many big runs for his franchise. He was the player of the series during Karachi’s winning run in 2020. A consistent run-getter, he has always been one of the top run-scorers for his side
• He has played a total of 68 matches in the super league.
• Babar Azam has scored a total of 23 fifties in the Pakistan Super League.
• Although he has not scored any hundred, his number of the fifties tells how good he has been in this league.
• He is the top scorer of PSL, and rightly so. He has smashed 259 fours and 37 sixes during his PSL career.
• He has an SR of 42 122 and an average of 43 in the Pakistan Super League.
Babar Azam Half Centuries at Home (in Pakistan)
Like every player, Babar has been class apart at home. Unfortunately, Pakistani players didn’t have much chance to play at home because of security reasons, but this has started to change.
• He has a total of 17 fifties at home.
• Out of these 17, four have come in ODIs, four in tests, and nine in T20s.
• He has scored an average of 80+ in both tests and ODIs, with an average of almost 50 in home T20s.
•He also has a superior SR at home, with an SR of almost 140 in T20s, and runs a ball in ODIs.
Babar Azam Half Centuries at Home of Opposition
Although we have often seen Pakistani batters struggle on the high bouncy pitches of SENA nations, Babar has been an exception. He has flourished there and has been able to accumulate a huge amount of runs there. His technique, composure, and skill have made him one of Pakistan’s reliable players when traveling in different countries.
• He has scored a total of 55 half-centuries away from home.
• He has scored 18 fifties in T20s, 19 in tests, and 18 in ODIs at the home of the opposition.
• He scored most of his runs away from home as Pakistan was forced to play its home series in UAE.
Babar Azam Fifties by Opposition Team (Country)
Babar Azam has scored a century and fifty against every Cricket playing nation. His record by country is as follows.
Australia: He has scored a total of 11 fifties against Australia.
England: He has scored a total of 12 fifties against England.
Afghanistan: He has scored a total of two half centuries against them
India: He has scored a total of one fifty against them.
South Africa: He has scored a total of eight fifties against them.
Sri Lanka: He has scored a total of four fifties against them.
New Zealand He has scored a total of ten fifties against them.
Bangladesh He has scored a total of three half century against them.