Sanjay Govil is the owner of the Washington Freedom cricket team in Major League Cricket. Washington Freedom was the first official team announced in MLC. Washington, DC, the US capital, is home to this cricket team.
Baltimore Royal is the minor league team that is associated with Freedom. The team’s logo has White, Blue, and Red colors with a bat and ball that represents cricket. Cricket New South Wales from Australia has partnered with Washington Freedom to grow cricket in the states.
Read More: Who is the owner of MI NewYork?
Sanjay Govil on MLC 2023:
“The Washington D.C. area is home to hundreds of thousands of cricket fans, and it’s an honor to be able to bring a professional team to the nation’s capital with the Washington Freedom to compete in the groundbreaking Major League Cricket championship this summer,” said Sanjay Govil, Team Lead Investor, Washington Freedom in the announcement.
“The team’s mark and colors are a perfect fit for a team from the nation’s capital to compete on the global stage MLC provides for the world’s second most popular sport, which has more than 2.5 billion fans.”
Read More: Owner of San Fransisco Unicorns
Sanjay Govil Biography
Sanjay Govil is an internationally recognized entrepreneur and motivating role model who started and established profitable businesses all over the world. Before investing in the Washington Freedom franchise, he established multiple Businesses in the Technology sector with a lot of effort and dedication.
- Sanjay Govil’s first business success happened in 2001 when he invested only US $1000 to start an infinite computer solutions company.
- Late on, infinite technology becomes a leading technology solutions company with an estimation of employing more than 10,000+ employees globally.
- In 2017, he founded another software company Zyter which is a digital health company that provides health and care management products all around the globe.
- He has also been part of several think tanks on technology, economics, and foreign policy.
- He has also won several IT awards and the most prominent were Covid-19 awards related to his help to the community.
- S Govil received a degree from Syracuse University and went to the Wharton School of Business after receiving a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from Auburn University.
- He has established the Sanjay Govil Foundation which is working for Philanthropy and Entrepreneurship.
- He is working closely with the Wharton School of Business and currently serves as a member of the graduate executive board.
- He is changing the lives of several students by helping them follow their passion for Entrepreneurship.
Read next: Owner of Texas Superkings