The San Francisco Unicorns are one of the popular teams to play in Major League Cricket 2023 which is owned by two Indian entrepreneurs. This team is situated in the San Francisco Bay Area and has the potential to be the future leading cricket team in the United States of America.
The name Unicorns, a symbolic name associated with money and finance, further illustrates how it’s connected with Silicon Valley.
So, technically, Unicorns is a Silicon Valley startup that is set to change the cricket landscape in the United States. Do Unicorns have any other partners to develop a strong cricket structure? Yes, they have signed a one-year contract with Cricket Victoria that will help them to groom cricket talent.
Read More: Who is the owner of MI NYC?
San Francisco Unicorns Owner Name
San Francisco Unicorns have two owners with Indian backgrounds, Anand Rajaraman and Venky Harinarayan. Both founders are Web and technology experts who are now focused on the growth of cricket in the United States.
Read More: Who is the Owner of Texas Super Kings?
Who is Anand Rajaraman and Venky Harinarayan?
A Rajaraman grew up in the Indian city of Chennai. Stanford University handed him an MS and a PhD in Computer Science in 2001. On the other hand, Venky Harinaryan is also an Indian from Mumbai who did his PhD in Computer Science from Stanford in 1996.
Before becoming owners of the San Francisco Unicorns, they made significant investments in technology and the web.
- Anand and Venky’s most recent collaboration is Cambrian Ventures and Kosmix.
- Later on, Walmart acquired Kosmix.
- Both have worked with Jeff Bezos to introduce certain important innovations to Amazon.
- Both Co-founded Junglee Corp. which was purchased by Amazon in 1998.
- Now, they are actively participating as lead entrepreneurs from the Bay area in Major Cricket League.
- Both of them are interested in the role of AI in cricket and we can see real applications of Artificial Intelligence in cricket.
- Anand and Venky are passionate about the application of technology in Sports. They are learning about sensors and robots, which will transform sports such as cricket.
- Harinarayan co-wrote a paper on carrying out the use of data cubes with Anand Rajaraman and Jeff Ullman when they were at Stanford, which is one of the top 600 most cited computer science articles in the last 20 years.
- Venky was selected for FastCompany’s “100 Most Creative People in Business” in 2012 and AlwaysOn’s “Venture Capital 100” in 2012. He also received the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras Distinguished Alumni Award.
Anand Rajaraman’s Thoughts on AI & Cricket:
Here are some of Anand Rajaram’s thoughts from a recent podcast with Andrew Petcesh.
“AI will have a big role in cricket taking big decisions on the field in cricket. In cricket, a Variety of pitches will be prepared with the help of AI. New kinds of fielding positions will be created with the help of Artificial Intelligence. As a passionate tech entrepreneurs, Venky and I are ready to learn and implement AI-related innovative approaches to sports. We will focus on all sports but cricket will be our prime target.”
“After the IPL and PSL, the Major Cricket League will be the among biggest tournament in the world.”
Read More: Cricket Popularity in US
“My partner and I do not have the sports expertise to run a team from scratch. So, we went to the cricket experts that could help us to do so. Cricket Victoria from Australia is helping us to manage the team. We are working with them to select players, coaching camp which is an important part.”
“I am an investor in another company founded by a former Indian captain that installs sensors in bats to assess batter’s performance.”
“It is similar to a Silicon Valley start-up where we must make significant investments and suffer years of losses in order to produce a final product.”
Anand Rajaraman’s Net Worth
According to the People AI blog, Anand Rajaraman’s estimated net worth is 951 thousand million dollars. His net worth will increase significantly in the coming years as a result of some new ventures.
|Year||Net Worth (USD)|
|2023||951 Thousand Million|
|2022||856 Thousand Million|
|2021||761 Thousand Million|
|2020||666 Thousand Million|
Read More: Owner of Washington freedome
Venky Harinarayan’s Net Worth
According to the People AI blog, Venky’s estimated net worth is 377 thousand million dollars USD. This value is calculated based on different social factors with a calculated guess from his multiple startup value.
|Year||Net Worth (USD)|
|2023||377 Thousand Million|
|2022||339 Thousand Million|
|2021||302 Thousand Million|
|2020||264 Thousand Million|
Disclaimer: These are unofficial numbers. Please only use it for guidance Venky Harinarayan and Anand Rajaraman’s actual income may vary a lot from the dollar amount shown above.