One of the most respected and valued prizes in IPL is the orange cap. The players who scored the most runs during an IPL season received this honor. We are simply aware that getting the most runs in the IPL is a difficult task. The most constant effort throughout the season must have come from any batter who scored the most runs. A megastar appears with an Orange Cap in every season, and IPL 2023 is no different.
Who will win the Orange Cap in IPL 2023? In IPL 2023, batters are engaged in intense competition. Every batter is trying to beat the other batter in the race for Orange Cap winner. Although it is too soon to predict the winner of this race, the batter who performs well will win. All the leading run scorers in the past have shown excellent consistency throughout the season. Hence, the same case is with the IPL 2023, where top run scorers will have to show consistent performance throughout the seasons.
Read More: Who Will be Winner of Purple Cap in IPL 2023
Who Will Win IPL 2023 Orange Cap?
As of now, Faf du Plessis is leading the race of Orange Cap points table 2023. Next in line to challenge Faf du Plessis with intense competition are Venkatesh Iyer and Shikhar Dhawan.
All the batters in the top 05 have a maximum chance of becoming IPL 2023 orange cap winners. Faf du Plessis, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Yashavi Jaiswal, and Devon Conway are in the top 05 positions of the table with the most runs in IPL 2023. Shubman Gill has the highest chance of winning the orange cap in IPL 2023.
|Faf du Plessis||RCB||14||730||84||56.15||153.68||0||8|
IPL Orange Cap Winners List 2008 – 2023
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2008
Shaun Marsh was the winner of Orange Cap in IPL 2008. He scored a total of 616 runs at an average of 68 with a massive strike rate of 139.
- This was one of his best IPL seasons with 05 half-centuries and 01 century.
- He was the first player from Kings XI Punjab to win the Orange Cap, with KL Rahul coming in second in 2018.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2009
Australian batting legend Matthew Hayden was the orange cap winner of IPL 2009. He won this award for Chennai Super Kings.
- He scored 572 runs at an average of 52 with a 144 strike rate.
- His highest Individual score was 89 with 05 half-centuries to his name.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2010
Sachin Tendulkar is known not only for his international career awards, but also for his IPL awards. He was the orange cap winner of IPL 2010 for Mumbai Indians.
- He scored 618 runs at an average of 47 with a 132 strike rate.
- He also scored 05 half-centuries in 2010.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2011
Chris Gayle had an outstanding season in IPL 2011. He was the highest run scorer from Royal Challenger Bangalore.
- He scored 608 runs at an average of 67 with 183 strike rate.
- This was one of his best IPL seasons with 03 half-centuries and 02 centuries.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2012
Chris Gayle was also the orange cap winner of IPL 2012. He is the only player in IPL with the most consecutive orange cap wins.
- He scored 733 runs with an average of 61 and a strike rate of 160.
- He scored 07 half-centuries and 01 century in the season.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2013
Michael Hussey won the orange cap of IPL 2013 for Chennai Super Kings. He was the second Australian and second CSK batter to win the award in IPL 2013.
- He scored 733 runs at an average of 52 with 129 strike rate.
- His highest individual score was 95 and he also has 06 half-centuries to his name.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2014
Robin Uthappa won the first orange cap for himself and for his team Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 2014.
- He scored 644 runs at an average of 44 with a strike rate of 137.
- His highest individual score was 83 and he has 05 half-centuries to his name.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2015
David Warner won the first-ever orange cap award for Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL 2015. He was the 6th foreign player to achieve this feat.
- He scored 562 runs at an average of 43 with a strike rate of 156.
- He scored 07 half-centuries in that season.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2016
Virat Kohli was the winner of the orange cap in IPL 2016. He was the second player to win the award for RCB after Chris Gayle.
- He scored 562 runs at an average of 81 with 152 strike rate.
- He scored 07 half-centuries and 04 centuries. His 04 centuries are still the highest number of centuries by an orange cap holder in IPL.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2017
David Warner won the orange cap for the second time for Sunrisers in IPL 2017. This was the second orange cap of his IPL career.
- He scored 641 runs at 58 average with a strike rate of 141.
- He also scored 04 fifties and 01 century.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2018
In IPL 2018, Sunrisers Hyderabad won the third orange cap award and Kane Willamson was the player who won that award.
- He scored 735 runs at 52 average with a strike rate of 142.
- He scored 08 fifties which is the highest number of fifties by an orange cap winner in IPL.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2019
David Warner won the 03 orange cap award in IPL 2019. This was the third orang cap award for David Warner which is a record for him.
- He scored 692 runs at an average of 69 with a strike rate of 143.
- He scored 08 fifties and 01 century in that season.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2020
In IPL 2020, Kings XI Punjab won their second Orange cap after Shaun Marsh’s 2008 award. This time it was KL Rahul who won the award.
- He scored 670 runs at an average of 55 with 129 strike rate.
- His highest individual score was 132* with 05 fifties and 01 century.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2021
Rututraj Gaikwad won the orange cap award in IPL 2021 for Chennai Super Kings. It was his debut season and he surprised everyone with his outstanding batting performance.
- He scored 635 runs at an average of 45 with 136 strike rate.
- He scored 04 fifties and 01 century in that season.
Orange Cap Winner of IPL 2022
Jos Buttle won the orange cap of IPL 2022. He performed brilliantly throughout the season and scored the highest runs in the history of the season.
- He scored 863 runs with an average of 57 and 149 strike rate.
- He also equaled the record of Virat Kohli’s 04 centuries in a season by scoring 04 centuries for Rajasthan Royals.
David Warner has the record of winning most orange caps in IPL history. He won three orange caps in 2015, 2017, and 2019 seasons of IPL.
Similarly, Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle are the players who have won two orange caps in IPL history.